Develop High-Performance Medical Devices with Plastic Injection Moulding
Work with us and discover how expertise, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to high-quality production can benefit your project.
What is Medical Injection Moulding?
Injection moulding is the preferred process for manufacturing thermoplastic and thermosetting plastic parts in diverse industrial sectors including medicine and healthcare. This process is widely used due to its quick cycle of production, material and colour flexibility, low labour costs, design flexibility and low waste.
At Europlaz, we offer a bespoke medical device and medical parts plastic injection moulding service designed to help companies mass-produce medical products in a safe environment. Our highly-specialised injection moulding systems are also designed to create identical items to ensure your medical products function exactly as designed.
Chat with our team today to find out more about how we can support your project with specialised medical plastic injection moulding services for parts and complete units.
How does Medical Device Plastic Injection Moulding work?
Our process cycle can vary, typically from a few seconds to minutes, depending on the size of the moulds, the complexity of the medical injection moulding project, and the materials used.
To help clients understand this, we use a simple 3-step process:
- We start by talking with and listening to our customers. Our experienced engineers then get to work bringing your vision to life virtually.
- After our team has helped you with the design, our engineering team gets to work making the metal moulds to form the features of the desired part. These parts are made with precision to guarantee a repeatable, exact product that works every time.
- Products are then produced in a sterile environment. This process is transparent and aligned with your targets to ensure you receive your products exactly when you need them.
As you can see, our bespoke plastic injection moulding process is ideal for medical parts manufacturing and fits into your production cycle. By keeping this process under one roof, we are able to guarantee sterile environments, experienced production, and a critical eye all the while ensuring timely delivery.
Why choose Medical Injection Moulding?
Medical device and plastic parts injection moulding is a versatile process that can be designed to maximise the best of both design and cost. Some of the benefits of our plastic injection moulding system:
- Speed and efficiency – medical injection moulding can produce a large number of parts per hour.
- Cost efficacy – plastic injection moulding is an automated process where the majority of the process is performed by machines.
- Adaptive machinery – high pressure is used on the moulds which allow for a huge amount of detail to be imprinted and intricate shapes manufactured.
- Versatile materials – we work with a large selection of polymer resins with various benefits for different applications.
- Low waste – technical injection moulding produces little post-production scrap compared to traditional manufacturing processes.
- Repeatability – our machinery creates identical products that are regularly checked for quality.
Cleanroom Medical Injection Moulding
We are a full-service medical device partner with ISO class 7 cleanrooms.
From design to production, our expertise is founded on technical injection moulding, tool making and a wealth of material and process knowledge. We offer an end-to-end service from design and development all the way through to manufacturing.
- Precision moulding – conforming to the requirements of complex components
- Insert/over moulding – fast moulding for rapid production chains
As a leading medical plastic injection moulding company, we also offer cleanroom assembly, validation, sterilisation, packaging, and development space rental as part of the complete Europlaz service. For more information on the medical injection moulding process please feel free to contact us today.
Europlaz’s Medical Injection Moulding Facilities
The facilities that allow us to offer this service are state-of-the-art and have been built to meet strict standards and adhere to class I and II requirements. These facilities include:
- 24 medical injection moulding machines
- 10 Tonne to 300 tonnes
- 17 housed within ISO class 7 cleanrooms
- All-electric injection moulding machines
- Injection moulded medical products made on this site since 1970
Since 1970 we have built a reputation for innovation, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
We use our experience and state-of-the-art technology to streamline all stages of the medical device manufacturing process for you – moving your product quickly and safely through development, and speeding up regulatory approval of medical devices.
Our UK-based ISO 13485 certified and FDA-compliant facility means that we have complete control of the process, from under one roof. We are flexible, and resourceful, and can take on projects of any size. Our clients range from small start-ups to international blue chip medical device suppliers.