Medical Device Product Design for Manufacturing
Our medical device engineers and designers explore the latest techniques and technologies to create medical product designs that are easily manufacturable.
Meet Strict Requirements with Advanced Medical Product Design and Engineering
A key aspect of a medical device is ensuring it can be made to meets its functional requirements to cost, on a timely basis and with the minimum number of assembly stages possible.
At Europlaz, our medical device designers and engineers have created a specialised Design for Manufacturing (DFM) process to be used throughout your project to ensure high standards and easy manufacturing. This medical product design provides the opportunity and freedom to explore medical device designs and manufacturing techniques early on and becomes more specific as the design is finalised.
Europlaz offers full support to your design team during the concept, feasibility, and development stages of your project to ensure the product designed is easily and repeatedly manufacturable.
Find out more about why customers choose Europlaz here.
Full Customer Support for Medical Product Manufacturing Design
We offer full support with:
- Process selection – no matter what the components are in your product, we will use our extensive in-house knowledge to identify the best process to make each component.
- Material selection – Our medical device designers and manufacturers can guide you through the material identification process, helping you select materials that have the physical and aesthetic attributes required whilst minimising cost and ensuring they are suitable for the selected manufacturing process.
- Medical device engineering and component design – each component, whether produced in-house at Europlaz or externally by one of our suppliers, is analysed to ensure it can be built to the tolerances required and in the volumes you require for optimum rollout and performance.
- Mouldflow Analysis – Our advanced computer-based simulation of the manufacturing of plastic components is used to predict how the part will behave during and after production. Utilising this process helps you to design the optimum component without the need for a trial and error approach resulting in quicker, cheaper medical product design and manufacturing.
- Medical device assembly design – How the device will be assembled, and how the device can be designed to make it straightforward and with the minimum risk of mis-assembly.
Since 1970 we have built a reputation for innovation, quality, and cost-effectiveness.
We use our experience and state-of-the-art technology to streamline all stages of the medical device manufacturing process for you – moving your product quickly and safely through development, and speeding up regulatory approval of medical devices.
Our UK-based ISO 13485 certified and FDA-compliant facility means that we have complete control of the process, from under one roof. We are flexible, and resourceful, and can take on projects of any size. Our clients range from small start-ups to international blue chip medical device suppliers.