As a medical device manufacturing company, we are committed to both protecting the environment and evaluating the impact that the organisation services can have. Our other concerns are the Health and Safety of the workforce and the potential impact of the manufacturing processes on the environment. Compliance with legislation is the minimum standard to which the company shall adhere. The company shall also endeavour to follow best practice with due regard for its business needs.
With regards to the environment, we instigated a review of manufacturing methods and analysed energy performances resulting in identifying inefficiencies and correcting these leading to reduced energy consumption and material wastage. We actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers. We seek continual improvement of our environmental performance and compliance with all relevant legislation is achieved through continuous monitoring and attention to relevant detail. The objectives under Europlaz Technologies Ltd environment policy are as follows:
• Reduce the carbon footprint of the business.
• Reduce energy consumption.
• Minimise the production of all types of waste, especially paper. Encourage reuse, recycling and the disposal of other waste that cannot be avoided, in a responsible manner.
• Raise awareness of environmental issues and promote good standard practice.
Management will be responsible for ensuring that the policy is communicated and the following:
• Employers and contractors are encouraged to be receptive to the personal impact they can have on this policy and to report areas of concern.
• Favour use of suppliers who are committed to environmental good proactive.
• Carbon offsetting is implemented, that as a minimum, is commensurate to the level of the business travel.
• Pollution is prevented in all forms, especially from redundant electrical equipment.
• All incidents detrimental to the environment are reported, investigated and action taken to prevent
The management team are committed to continuously improving its performance by regularly reviewing its environmental impacts and on an annual basis, update this policy in line with the review findings. Day to day management of the environmental policy is the responsibility of the Health & Safety Officer.