At Europlaz we have been as shocked as the rest of the world by the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. It has devastated the lives of millions of families and we want to join the effort to provide help and assistance to those affected.
On behalf of our employees, we will be showing our support with a donation to the Disasters Emergency Committee.
We’ve selected the DEC’s Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal because it helps to provide food and shelter for those trying to escape the conflict, and there are several charities working together to fund this appeal.
Our thoughts remain with everyone effected by this terrible situation.
Who are the DEC?
The Disaster Emergency Committee (DEC) Ukraine Appeal is a co-ordinated effort between the Red Cross, Christian Aid, Oxfam, and Save The Children. Donations to this appeal are being matched, pound for pound, by the UK Government up to £25m.
The Disasters Emergency Committee and its members are in Ukraine and neighbouring countries. They are working together to provide the people fleeing the conflict with immediate food, water, medical assistance, protection and trauma care.
Who is affected?
• Over one million people have been displaced, according to UN refugee agency the UNHCR
• The government estimates there could be as many as five million refugees in the worst-case scenario
• Humanitarian planners are anticipating more than seven million will be displaced – roughly 40% within Ukraine and 60% refugees fleeing to another country
• The population of Ukraine is 40 million, including 7.5 million children
• The UN and Humanitarian Partners have requested $1.1 billion for inside Ukraine and $550.6 million for regional refugee response. The total Ukraine Crisis appeal is a total of $1.7 billion for Ukraine and neighbouring countries
How to donate
If you would like to make a donation to the Ukraine appeal, visit www.dec.org.uk.