Are you looking for an industrial placement that will allow you to apply your engineering or technical degree to make a real difference in people’s lives? Would you like to spend 12 months with a family run, contract manufacturing SME and collaborate with major healthcare brands such as Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Fresenius Kabi, GE and Sartorius?
If you answered yes to both questions, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Why should I choose Europlaz for my Industrial Placement?
Europlaz is one of the UKs leading Medical Device Contract Manufacturers, dedicated to advancing the medical field in drug delivery systems, diagnostic equipment, medical technology, and life sciences.
Our collaborative, personable and supportive teams, help drive the future of medical device innovations to develop new products and technologies which are ultimately changing people’s lives.
We work with some of the world’s most prestigious healthcare companies to help overcome medical challenges, such as creating a pioneering device that is changing the way neonates are cared for.
How will I benefit?
This industrial placement presents the opportunity to gain real hands-on experience. From day one, you will collaborate and work alongside our growing team of experienced engineers, regulatory specialists, and production managers, whilst putting your knowledge and experience into best practice. You will be presented with real-world challenges to overcome whilst being guided and supported to come up with innovative solutions.
As we are an expanding company; you will work flexibly and creatively across multidisciplinary teams, from engineering to manufacturing, quality control to R&D. You will therefore get a holistic insight into the process and challenges involved in the development of new products for the medical sector.
You will be expected to lead on projects across a range of disciplines within the company. A real life example can be found in the following section. This will give you first-hand project management experience, an understanding of regulatory requirements and working with MRP Software and QMS. All invaluable experience to demonstrate to a prospective employer after you graduate.
But we may not want you to leave! You could be offered an opportunity to join us as a full-time employee once you graduate.
How will I spend my day?
- Developing solutions to enable effective manufacture of company projects including:
1. Injection mould tooling
2. Assembly equipment
3. Printing and packaging solutions
- The commissioning of medical device manufacturing and assembly solutions including physical asset introduction and documentation.
- Undertaking documented qualification of processes and test methods.
- Executing assigned process validation activities and ensuring validations are adequate in cooperation with validation specialists.
- Generation of project documentation including Work Instructions, Forms & Risk Management.
- Work with supply chain in order to structure all associated activities.
- Ensuring projects comply with company standard operating procedures, the ISO13485:2016 standard and the Medical Device Regulations.
Case Study: Digitalisation of Work Instructions
Duration: initial 6 week + additional 12 weeks for implementation
Scope: Explore the feasibility and merits of digitalising the company’s work instructions. Appropriate cost/benefit analysis with ROI analysis. If approved, the project would need to be implemented and
rolled out across all departments. Steps include: selection of appropriate software, development of training, roll out plan, piloting, and onward management.
What kind of person are you looking for?
We welcome applications from students who are:
- Studying towards a 1st or 2:1 degree in an engineering (medical, bio tech or mechanical) or a technical discipline. Other STEM disciplines will be considered.
- Completing at least their second year of study by the end of June 2024. We would like students to join us either July or August 2024.
- Not afraid to hit the ground running by working for a close-knit, family run business where every employee plays their part in the future of medical device innovations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in data collection and interpretation.
Desirable requirements but not essential:
- Familiar with quality standards in medical device manufacturing.
- Familiar with CAD software such as SolidWorks.
- Familiar with statistical software for data analysis such as SPSS.
What benefits will I receive?
- ‘Big Fish in a Small Pond’ – you will have the chance to make a tangible difference to and be involved in significant projects from the word go.
- Immersive experience in a leading medical device manufacturing company.
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge R&D, engineering, quality assurance and control tools.
- Collaborative and nurturing work environment.
- A salary of £21,500 plus eligibility for a performance bonus.
- We may look to cover reasonable travel expenses. This would be discussed at interview.
- On-the-job experience, training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching and mentoring.
How do I apply for this Industrial Placement?
Please send your CV to [email protected]. If you’d really like to ‘wow’ us, please also include a short paragraph included within your email or CV about either:
- A project you’ve enjoyed working on whilst studying. Why did you enjoy it, what did you learn…?
- What module you’ve enjoyed the most whilst studying and why?
- Why you think you’re a good fit for the role? Where do you see yourself working once you have graduated?
This is an office based position, working at our offices in Southminster, Essex.