Europlaz is one of the UKs leading Medical Device Contract Manufacturers, dedicated to advancing the medical field in drug delivery systems, diagnostic equipment and medical technology.
We work with some of the world’s most prestigious healthcare companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic and Fresenius Kabi to help overcome medical challenges and develop new products which are changing people’s lives.
Why should I work for Europlaz as their Sustainability Officer?
Are you looking for a role where you can apply your degree in a real-world setting, and make a difference in a company’s ESG performance? Would you like to work for a family run, manufacturing SME, collaborating with senior management, working on initiatives that will make a tangible difference?
If you answered yes to both questions, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Europlaz is committed to achieving Net Zero by 2040 and have made significant steps towards achieving this goal. We have installed 885 solar panels and have numerous energy efficiency schemes underway. The company is not afraid to spend and commit to these financial and socially beneficial initiatives, but we need help planning, implementing, and monitoring such initiatives.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a Sustainability Officer. This role will focus on enhancing Europlaz’s sustainability practices, particularly in the areas of measuring, monitoring, and managing our sustainability/environmental disclosure through internal and external publications.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, this role will work closely with the Marketing Manager and Health & Safety (H&S) officer, both of whom have extensive knowledge and experience of sustainability and environmental reporting initiatives.
The successful candidate will be working onsite at our offices in Southminster, Essex.
- Assessment and Analysis: Review current sustainability practices within Europlaz to identify areas of improvement and best practices.
- Infrastructure Development: Collaborate with the senior management team to develop and implement processes for measuring, monitoring, and managing sustainability elements.
- KPIs and Reporting: Set up frameworks for key performance indicators related to sustainability and develop monthly reports showcasing progress, challenges, and areas for improvement.
- Continuous Improvement: Analyse monthly reports to recommend actionable insights for enhancing sustainability practices.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Work with various departments to ensure the integration of sustainability practices and gather feedback for ongoing improvements.
- Knowledge Dissemination: Educate and train relevant staff on sustainability best practices, reporting procedures, and continuous improvement.
- Sustainability Communication: Working alongside the Marketing Manager to communicate both internally and externally best practices, improvements and the company’s wider sustainability strategy.
- Recently completed a Postgraduate or Undergraduate degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability or a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with sustainability frameworks and best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) and reporting tools.
- Familiarity with statistical software for data analysis such as SPSS is desirable.
- Gain hands-on experience in a leading medical device manufacturing company.
- Opportunity to make a tangible impact in the field of sustainability. Far beyond what would be offered at a multinational company or a narrow placement remit. There is great potential to take this role as far as your ambition desires, with backing from the Board of Directors.
- Collaborative work environment. We are a family run business and this culture is key to our working environment. You will feel part of the family and have dealings with all members of our 110 staff rather than be siloed.
- A competitive graduate salary.
- We may look to cover reasonable travel expenses. This would be discussed at interview.
- On-the-job experience, training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching and mentoring.
- Potential for paid external training.
How to apply for our Sustainability Officer position
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV to [email protected]. A cover letter detailing your suitability for the role is recommended.